If you are looking for a way to reduce cellulite, increase your energy levels and improve your skin tone, then Dry Skin Brushing is for you!
I was introduced to this technique in my 20’s when reading a book called “Detox Yourself” by Jane Scrivner and have continued to use it most days. Its a great way to start your morning!
How Do You Dry Skin Brush?
- Buy a natural fibered wooden brush, preferably with a long handle.
- Undress to your underwear or take all your clothes off.
- Start brushing upwards and in circular motion from your feet, up your legs, towards the heart.
- Once you have reached the top of your legs, brush your buttocks in circular motion.
- Move onto your arms, starting at the top of your hands, onto your wrists, arms and shoulders.
- Next is the neck and shoulder, then moving down the back.
- When brushing the stomach area be careful to brush in gentle clockwise strokes so as not to disrupt the digestive system.
- You must only brush your face with a dry flannel or facial brush as the skin is very sensitive.
- After brushing, shower and use a natural oil, like coconut oil to moisturise your skin.
- Continue this process everyday or twice a day to get the best results!
What Are The Benefits?
- The skin is the largest organ of the body. It needs to “breathe” efficiently and eliminate toxins.
- Your skin tone will be improved as your pores will unclog as the dead skin is exfoliated.
- Brushing stimulates blood and lymph circulation by stimulating muscle contraction.
- Cellulite will reduce as it disperses the toxins from the area affected.
- You will feel energised and stimulated by adding this to your morning routine.
- Your skin will glow and feel softer.
This Marek Lorys. He is a qualified practitioner of Sukshma Marma Therapy. I first met Marek at a networking meeting in Eastbourne where we began to chat about his work. It was on our second meeting that we agreed to swap treatments. So on a drizzly day in December, I drove over to Newhaven to visit Marek in his studio at the end of his garden. I was greeted warmly and as we chatted, Marek started to build up a case history for me. He then explained exactly what the therapy is and what will happen during the treatment.
Sukshma Marma Therapy is the art of treating very special vital points on the human body, and is one of the greatest healing secrets of Ayurveda. It can be used to detoxify the body, to strengthen and revitalise, for rejuvenation and relaxation, and to release blocked energy.
Through these energy points we can stimulate the function of internal organs, strengthen self-healing power, and harmonize mind and body. We can improve eyesight, balance the digestive system, alleviate headaches, reduce tension, and alleviate or cure many everyday complaints.
For the treatment, I had to undress down to my underwear and lie on a treatment couch, face down. Marek began the treatment by applying light pressure to specific points including, he base of my skull, back and lower back. I then turned over for the treatment to continue. During this session alot of thoughts ran through my mind as if I was processing them. I felt most relaxed when Marek applied the pressure to my hands, feet and lower back. By the end of the treatment I had entered into a light dose and could barely wake to get myself of the couch! After the treatment I felt quite alert, energized and able to get on with my day.
Marek is a lovely, kind and warm character. He spends one month a year in America meditating…..how cool is that!??!
This picture below is the view from Mareks Studio.
For further information or to contact Marek please visit his website:
These are exciting times! I have always wanted to make my own beauty products and yesterday I made a start, if you can count toothpaste as beauty…?! I would say it is more oral health. It is not only the health benefits of making my own toothpaste that attract me but that just polished sensation your teeth have after using the mixture. It is fantastic.